Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Feb 13, 2012

Hahaha you can´t start hitting me with this kind of stuff, I have what 7.5 months left. Come on ;) I don’t know to tell the truth I’d have to see it but if you want, what I could do is because here the clothes are dirt-cheap! You know how everyone just donates to those places that are in need just a TON of clothes and stuff? Well here, at least they have an abundance of clothes because of those donations but what they really need is money to buy food, so what we have is the Haitian market! Ha-ha, AAALLL of them donations are in that market and people are selling them at super cheap like 1 buck to 5 bucks for anything. And the shoes you can get them as cheap as 1000 pesos for stuff like pumas Nikes and stuff like that. So if you wanted. I could maybe my last transfer during pday. Or something I can buy a few shirts because I got a like 2 jeans now. And I have quit a few shirts so I don’t think I’ll need many more. But yea ill need some winter stuff ill trust your judgment on that. Because I don’t know what kind of that there is.
But this week was sweet. We’re prepping to see elder Bednar! Woot!! The 18th were going to the capital! So we have to leave the 17th and maybe well get back the 19th! Sometimes it’s a hassle living this far out. But I’m sure the conference won’t take too long so I think we’ll get home at like 7 or 8 on the 18th. Then well have to go back up again in a week I think for the temple!!!! Woot! Oh, man I love the mission. So much fun. My comp and I are really trying to work hard this transfer. Trying to find some people to help you know, but the hard thing about where we are working now is that it’s mostly Haitians.... I love Haitians don’t get me wrong I actually like them better then Dominicans most of the time. The only problems these ones were working with speak very little Spanish or there’s like 3 of them but only one speaks Spanish so they either translate or the other two are just lost as can be. Though luckily with this I’ve picked up a few lines in creole. hah I can now say ¨see you tomorrow at 5¨ ( Really hope they don’t want to meet at any other hour ;) also ¨what’s up ¨ chilling and God so yea I’m really working up my vocab; ) though once they pick an interest they stick to it. We have one that we´ve been teaching for 4 weeks. But he still only has the first lesson and part of the second. he’s got his pamphlet and book of mormon in creole but when we try to talk to him it takes a while, but he hasn’t miss church once, and told us he feels bad if he doesn’t go to church, and that he feel something special every time he’s with us at church or reading. And he’s reading his¨ liv mormon an¨¨ now so that’s good. Just harder.
But yea we got some that are really progressing and will be baptized in 3 weeks now, Mabel rosi and cinthia. Three studs. All super cool working had have been assisting church for almost 3 months now. Super proud of them.
I’m really happy I got to serve here for an other transfer I was afraid at first like of no my 4th transfer in one area. But now I’m super in with the members I get to talk to my converts a lot more. I get to really know the area and it’s just cool over all. I really like it. Part of me really wouldn’t mind staying another but at the same time I’d like to see more of this country. Make some more friends. Got to love the mission it’s a blast.
Love you all
Elder Zelasko

No comments:

Post a Comment