Monday, January 17, 2011

Monday January 17, 2011

So you´re right, I definatly dont like that you wont write back right durning Pday. But If theres any thing i guess the mission has taught me to deal with changes or stuff i really dont like. so thats cool. But for that no pictures this week! haha. That and we went to the internet center that doesn't send em... I Don´t know why, I think it's becuase Elder McMahan wanted to come here and Elder Smith loves to go Where Elder McMahan goes or does.

But Something Super cool this week, Maunel got BAPTIZED! IT was AWESOME! Though at first he gave us a scare earlier in the week. Around thrusday we went to his cita but he wasnt there, his Gma was like "he should be back by now im sure i just saw him". So we thought it was just like eliane all over again. But luckly he was just at the capitail for an apoinment and just hadnt got back yet, and was super strong as always the next day! He even came to his baptism super early and brought TWO friends. Now we're teaching them for a while. We thought we were going to have to get him (Manuel) baptised next week because the whole branch was at the carribin conference and not back yet. They were supposed to be back by 630 but at 7 said they wouldnt be back till 8. Manuel, however, wanted to go now and was kinda happy at the fact he didnt have a TON of people there. But we still had Dianna, Stephanie and a couple others so it was just us 6 missionaries and 4 other people? but it was awesome he was super pumped and yea just a boss about it.

Um... I dont know what to talk about i was going to talk about a bunch of pictures I was going to send you, or ask questions wait for response have like a lil convo but thats out... oh so i´m through my first trnasfer! Got the trnaasfer call to see who was going where... Santa'hilare is going to the captial and jimenz is getting his padraste elder something. And the rest of us are staying here in Ocoa. Smith was almost positve that he was leaving here. To the point he was a bit paranoid. saying stuff like "Ive seen it happen to other elders, they wont see it coming then the guagua will come take em away that night wont get a chance to take a pit with the members or anyone." But what they´ve been telling me the whole transfer is that almost always someone whos transfering is with them for two trnasfers and SUPER SUPER rare that its only one and its usualy 2-3 trnasfers so yea i Dont know what the was worried about. but yea your heart gets suprizingly pumped durning that call wondering if youre going, staying or what's your fate or still the same comp a new one. Everyone was like dead quiet. Trying to find out. It was intense.

oh so we took a pic with a bull becuase elder McMahan had a pretty legit one with a donkey where there both staring down the camera. So I wanted one with a bull so it would look tougher, but once you're actually with the bull or decidng to get close its a differnt story. We walk by them all the time in the road and they'll be loose too, doing there own thing but once you accutally want to get close they become scary. They don't do anyth more to be scary they just are. So I was joking when we passed these two bulls like lets do it. We got some space between these two citas, then erick a member who was with us was like cool yea. Then I was like no, but then he was like "hey can we get a pic with yours bulls" to the owner. and he was like yea but I definatly was not about to do that. So the owner was laughing and said go for it they're nice just walk up slow and put your hand on them they wont do a thing.
But I still said no, so he came down and was like see nothing. So erick did it, then smith. So i had to do it but, I thought I was super close to the bull. The bull didnt stare down the camera at all. Instead when I looked at the picture I look SUper Gringo just grinin ear to hear leaning way over with my hand on a bull like yea look at me im touching a bull:) haha what makes it worse is the bull wanted nothing to do with the pic so it was trying to pull away and its nose ring was pulling because it was tied off i think the bull was more scared of me then I it. but ya in the pic it looks super funny becuase its pulling away so it looks crossed eyed with buck teeth and haha ya so my super tough manly picture looks like I'm a gringo with a silly bull. but I love it all the same! haha

(in reply to a comment about bugs in the potting soil of his plants.) oh that super stinks about all the bugs A TON. but thats awesome about my plants! hah though move here you'll get use to those bugs quick especially ants, you cant get rid of em no matter what! And flys, when your teaching a lesson phew so annoying but once you get into it you kind of forget about them. They'll be crawling on ya and ya wont notice even your face and be like yea. I know this is true, while the fly is just crawling all over you;)

(the names in this section have been changed to protect the inocent, if you don't know what this about ask mom she'll tell you) oh tell Drolley I´m SUPER sorry that he got a boche for doing that! that stinks a TON. who'd he get yelled at by? You should tell 'em to grow up and not yell at people for a SUPER harmLESS joke. Beside what does it matter as long as my thing is up there. Most places dont even have plaques here they just have a pic of the person. If that. I dont think he should of gotten a boche for that, at all. Tell him I'm sorry he got in trouble for that. Who yelled at him? Who told? Who cared? Cant mess with Drolley! Speaking of which whats his address and Walley's also?

You should tell em both, Sorry for the trouble and good job but secretly so they dont get in trouble for me applauding them.

ok so you got so lucky. The generator died at the other place so we came here and it has picture ability and yea so this is my awesome bull picture with the scared bull.

And this is manuels baptism! so awesome! It's smith, aguero, manuel, me in back, manuels friend mcmahan, almost everyone that was at the baptism. hah but man was it an amazing baptism i loved every second i hope this kids sticks through it. til the end he'd make an amazing misionary, no joke.
so yea this one is with erick and maria erick is marias son and there both members both super AWESOME yea. there cool thats at marias house and ima get one of the full family later,

this one is of us and our awesome work out equipment. yea you could say were really men or from the misionary hood. haha

That reminds me the power has been out for a while and I really need to wash my pants because they were nasty so i washed em by hand and a bunch of other clothes haha ant yea proud of me?

haha but yea It was interesting, just an other thing I can say I've done by hand I here there's some areas where everything is by hand even showering hahA. Not like washing your self by hand because, duh! But like having a bucket by you and pouring it over you with a ladel then soap then ladel they've had to do that a few times here because ocasionaly the water leaves too. They said it was gone for a week once so you'll wait patiently for that to come. But yes, this is a nicer house in the mision has a water heater. When there's light there's usualy water and a washer and a new fridge so yea were lucky here. It should be fun when I go to an area where you manual shower and handwash clothes all the time not just every 6 weeks, makes ya realize how well off we are state side. Because we really are super well off. Especaily in some of the investigators houses we go to, we started tracking in the one place I call hyna valley its a valley with two super steep hills on either side. And it goes for a long time and on each hill there's tons of houses going up and for stair steps, they use tires put in the ground and the house are made of tin and tires and its super poor area but the people are as kind as ever. Love em but there super poor.

This first one is of the photo grama marge sent me and I made it a photo frame with a ziploc bag she sent and a ceral box,

speaking of which you should get apretty legit post card in a couple weeks :) just saying but yea its says flakes because were flakes haha i think. I'm not exactly sure what flakes means in that context but i like it. hah So I'm sticking with it haha

This picture is of an other place were tracking its one of the better off areas I've seen. I liked the view so i took a pic. hah but yea thats that and im out of time. So Love you all and hope youre doing great and even though i should never be promoting rebelion or anything even remotly close to something like that. I think you all should combine as a 9th ward force and put my plack back in 9th wards but keep Drolley out of it so he doesnt get an other boche. Nevermind that's really immature. Still think it was super imature of who ever got mad at Drolley just for something as smal as that. Tell him i got his back, no that sound super unmisionary like. But still thats was super wow of whoever got mad at a harmles act right? Why does anyone care who did it? Who gave him the boche? give em the dominican finger! before you get the wrong idea its nothing like the american finger. It's just you waging your pointer finger and it just Means no, like someone asks you a question you just wag your finger, or in a convo you want to say no you just wag your finger it just means no thats all. They are lazy here. To say no, wag the finger. To point, point with your lips thers a few more. but I can't remember them they a bit more rare but everyone does the lips and finger. I love the finger especially. I do it now all the time. I love it.

Love ya!
Elder Z

1 comment:

  1. What a great week! I know some folks who are headed your way. Watch for Elder and Sister Ford. They are Chloe's Grandparents inlaw

    ReplyDelete