Monday, January 31, 2011

Jan 31 2011

HEY! Now I just feel funny writing a letter to y'all knowing it’s just
Going to go to a blog, ha-ha weird feeling like I feel like I cant be my
self ;) hah but we know that’s gonna happen regardless once I get into
it... see I'm even talking to y'all now! Ha-ha but seriously my week was
AMAZING we found 4! New families!! Yolanda, Caesar y Ategracias,
Yackaline y her husband Carlos? Don’t judge me we only met him once or
Twice once on random contact at someone else’s house and when his wife
sent him to church but he left soon after sacrament meeting. And the
fourth is Gladi. They are all amazing!!

Though we picked the worse spots to be working at the same time! Were
working three different peaks. When you’re at the top of one you can
literally see the house of our next investigator on the next peak
they're pretty close but the only way to get to it is go all the way
down and then hike all the way back up the next one. And it seems to
have a nice little valley in-between each peak. But yea 3 of the 4
investigators happen to be on the highest peak of the three mountains
Ha-ha our star people are always in the highest most obscure place to
get to that you wouldn’t want to walk to. Ha-ha but yea I think I told
you about this last week now that I think about it... did I? I know I
told you about the mountain people.. the mountain people is Gladi she’s
at the top of the highest peak, but the rest of her family just walks
by stands listens for a while then walks a way... in one lesson I
counted at one point we had 7 children there and 4 adults. And that
was at one point they’d just switch off on who was there ha-ha its
ridiculous up there.

Though for a while my comp was starting to think Gladi is a Jehovah
Witness just trying to waste our time. Because first off my comps
pretty positive they’re following us and talking to our investigators
Because everywhere we go and teach a few days latter we see the
"watchtower" in there house and that’s there magazine. And when we
talk to people in our area that we’ve been teaching they’ll ask how
many missionaries we have in the area because we’ve been teaching that
area and they’ll say they’ve seen another missionaries of ours walking
around that weighs about 400 pounds. There is a Jehovah witness that is well on the
hefty end and all of our missionaries are pretty flaco. Everyone
confuses us with Jehova witnesses but yea we have people in super random spots
all far from each other we teach, but each one now has a watchtower...
And my comps convinced because they say they did the same thing to
him in hyna. But I'm sure it’s just a coincidence I think there’s a lot
of them and there’s 6 of us so its bound we run into each others people
at times. But still Ocao is huge with all its subdivisions and we work
the surrounding areas as well.

Oh so we’ve defiantly spoiled ourselves this week ha-ha we got pizza
Hut!! And burger king!! SOOOO good but SSOOO expensive. We figured we
we're about to get more apoyo so we'll be good. When we were in BK it
seriously felt like you were back in the States super clean, aircon,
SUPER SUPER nice bathrooms wow... and yea when you looked out the
window you had a Texaco... it was crazy though the menu was in
Spanish and pesos. But I still got a crown and everything. I know
it’s weird but that’s seriously the nicest bathroom I've seen in forever!
Super clean and nice and aircon.

What else happened this week... had my first Zone conference. President
gave a few bouches and said that numbers are super important and if
you say numbers aren’t important you need to repent now. Ha-ha in my mind
he has a small good point because he said there needed to keep track
of how the area is progressing and stuff which is super important too.
So yea, but the way he was talking was like yea focus on numbers and
the way he acts about numbers he seriously ahs people paranoid about
numbers. And he doesn’t count lessons without members and apparently
we're also supposed to have a member for first lessons, which are
about 70% of the lessons anyone teaches. And here the members are
super unwilling to go, which I don’t blame them this is literally
rock climbing where we are. So this week we had 0 members
present up till Thursday but, we had 23 others. So all wed report is a
big old Zero. We were working hard, we thought. At the end we had 7
and 27 our best week yet. But we don’t even report the other. So
everyone’s paranoid about being special transferred out of an area
Because pres has done that before for low numbers and because we
taught so many lessons our number was down for contacting so its looks
even more like we weren’t working.

So it makes it hard to think people not numbers. or people not
lessons. Yea enough ranting It’s bad to rant. Like my comp says
Pres has the keys for this area and is entitled to revelation for
this area and knows best for it

It’s been a good week, though Manuel is slowly becoming less animated,
it’s super saddening but were got a plan to re animate him it’s gonna be
good.

There’re coconut trees here, mostly banana trees though and stuff like, that.
Platinos, bananas a few coconuts here and there and a bunch of other random fruit tree
things. And a TON of avocado trees, I still need to try those. One day...

I think all my pants are 32” but all of my G´s are 30” and well all the
32s dont fit excpet this one that is strechty. I’m not getting fat though
I’m just filling out. I just look a bit fuller. but yea I think I’m
going to have to buy new bigger G´s these ones are getting really
uncomfortable...haha and pants I’m having a few made in bani they’re 700
pesos each so cheap for handmade pants but I may end up sending back
those other pants. So maybe JD can use them for something. But as of
now only one pair really fits me I think the others are too tight.
They put a nice red lines in me after wearing them. I´m NOT fat
Though. hahaha I’m just filled out. haha not fat haha ill send you a
profile or something to prove it ha-ha but seriously I'm seriously not. I was just
super small before I left. Oh I kind of don’t want to send you pics to
Leave you in the dark of what I look like :) I looked at the one I
took right before I left the mtc and the one I took today at BK I
think I look way different, well just older. or something. I'm going to leave you in the dark. ;)
But yea I love it here.

Hmm… Orchid, he started emailing me in the CCM but stopped.
I wonder why he doesn’t want to get to know me more. Maybe I offended
him.

Yea it’s not hard to love the people here, they are seriously
SUPER amazing and super humble and generous, I’m pretty sure I've said
it before but, they have casi nada but when you come to their door
they’ll give you their seat and everything. And if you need help, most
of them will drop whatever there doing to make sure you get where you
need to go and good to go. I love em' SO much they're awesome. ha-ha got
their own unique sense of humor and all. Oh no I haven’t sent that
CD yet I’m still working on that. I kinda forgot to do that. I'll
look for it today. if I have time. But yea love y'all a ton!

Elder Zelasko

1 comment:

  1. I saw your post on my digital scrapping blog about your son and had to come check it out. My nephew, Ryan Newell is serving in the Santo Domingo East Mission. Indeed it is a small world! Love these missionaries!

    ReplyDelete