Monday, January 24, 2011

Jan 24, 2011

Hey family!!

Hows it going!? pero first off what's every one's Bdays? I really dont want to forget anyone while I'm out here, I mean anyone and everyone I know, even if you think I know it, send it please:) That would be a great help! no joke

But yea so this week was SUPER hard to work, they had patrinalis going on, its a nationwide holiday and EVERY one was coming down to Ocoa. Because famous singers like secreto y omega and all them where coming down, huge party in the park every single night, and this park is huge. Like I don't know how to discribe it, it's like 4 blocks squared? But it was packed with people every single night and they all were wasted out of there mind, so no one wanted to listen during the day. Super hard week to work. No one progressed, not one. Though it all improved as soon as it was over. Yesterday we had 17 citas lined up and 10! of them were there!!! That never happens! Usually when we have it like that, only like 4 or 5 show up the rest left all day to the campo or something. Whats even more amazing is 6 of those 10 have a return cita!! Truly AWESOME! And about 3 of the 6 where SUPER super animated and nice. But you never know those other 3 as well could change or that's just there personality and they actually really want to know more. I really hope they all progress.

So, the area we're tracking in now is literally up this super mountain. I thought the last couple mountains were steep but this one, hahah I guess God was just prepping us to be strong enough to climb up this one. The houses are in rows up the mountain and well you get bored out there, so somehow me and my comp started calling it like world one and world two, like in mario. And occasionally there would be paths that lead up to the next one before it was finished those would be pipes. And the house at the very top was bowsers castle, which is actually progressing! We went up there and it was just 3 people sitting in chairs. Then slowly more and more people kept coming out until there was like 13+ people there. Not even joking, we ask if there was more house for you but they said nope. So now we call them the mountain people. They say mormons and decided to all come out of the mountains to listen. We also had a star world it was a super steep stair case with a gold railing like was about a foot high. haha super pointless, no one in there wanted to hear more.

Oh yea so, yesterday we were tracking and we were teaching this lady and in the back ground on her tv we see this movie and its some anti mormon movie thing. Where apparently mormons gang up with Indians and kill pioneers? I guess its a true story? I've never heard of this though. But as we went tracking we saw the same show on a couple people's tvs. haha, just our luck to contact when the anti mormon show was on...

oh and so, apparently I know how to cook. haha, raro eh? Yea I made garlic butter noodles a few times and all the guys love it. hah and their like, , hmm and when I make me mac and cheese I let em try it. They say it taste better then when they make it by far. They want to know what I do different but, I don't do nothing different. They also call me king of the french fries, oh man i love french fries now. Potatoes are pretty cheap 1 pounds is about 16 pesos so I've been hitting that up a lot lately. Making lots of wedge style fries and man yum. But I think there just trying to boost my cooking ego. It's probably just because generally, they just make ramen. And have been eating just that for a while. Who knows eh?

Manuel was confirmed this week!! But just like maunel to give us a scare, he told us not to remind him this week and he'd show up on his own. So we didn't and it was like, 9:05 and he usually shows up at 8:45. So we were super worried and Smith was convinced he wasn't showing up. So we went in and like 3 mins later we're singing opening hymn and manuel comes in and sits by me. What a stud... haha.

Oh so we've now down two special music numbers in church. Whenever pres needs a time filler he just ask us to do music number and we sing a hymn. I guess we sound good or something. haha

But yea that's about wait! no, The best part! I got a package today!!!! Woah! from Scott and Nichole! It was AWESOME! Two jars of peanut butter and a bag of m&m's peanut butter, peanuts and peanut butter haha, with all the regualer picked out hahaha and also Reese's peanut butter cups white and reg. OHHH so AWESOME LOVE em so much! I was just about to give in and buy some peanut butter today. haha But yea it was awesome. Amazing made my day.
Oh so how is everything? Is everything awesome? How is everyone?
LOVE y'all a ton
Elder Zelasko

No comments:

Post a Comment