Monday, December 27, 2010

Dec 27, 2010

Alright so here's what's happened this week.... well I just talked to ya'll on
the phone. I told you all I wanted to really talk about,the loco chiva goat & the river rash going away. Though in few days a surprisingly a lot of stuff
happened to happen:). One thing I'm not sure if I should tell you but,
I'm gonna tell you anyway :) Actually I don't think it's that bad at all.


We were hiking back down from Parra (the place that's 3 miles away and
straight up hill) this was the second time in the day and it was 7 pm
at this point and pitch black. We both forgot our flash lights and it's
super steep downhill but, my comp had a small light on his phone. We were
on our way down at, like, a snail's pace already 10 mins late to our next
appointment and still at least 20-30 mins away from him. So this
truck comes down the hill, my comps have gotten rides from them before
several times, and we get rides from other people all the time on the
way up the hill. Because they just stop on there way up and everyone
hops in the back of the truck till they drop you off in town. So this
guys stops an we hop in the back of the truck and we were thinking we were
going to cross one river but, the driver he turns a diff way. We thought he was
going down the river for a little to a more shallow spot to cross the
second river. But he just kept going so we hit to the top of their
truck to stop him but, guess he didn't hear, so he just kept going. Eventually
he heard but, we were out in the boonies. So we start heading towards
the lights of the city and it turned out we were by a swap. Boom, next
thing I know I'm like half way up to my legs in this nasty swap water.
Plus we cant see a thing anywhere so we were just running around trying to
find a dry land spot. haha pretty funny actually. Eventually,
we find one and yea long story short, we eventually made it to the second
river but our shoes and half of our pants soaked. hhaha Guess that's what
you get when you hitchhike eh;) hah But it was worth it we ended up
running into our investigator to set up an other appointment.

Today we had pizza! This was different kind of pizza have no clue
what kind it was it looked normal but when you taste it you're like
hmm, what kind of sauce is this. hahah Yea it grows on ya.
Eventually it was like hmm pizza... haven't had pizza in forever.

oh ok and so instead of sending the SD card back home I think I'm gonna
just put all my photos on cds and send the cds home then once you get
em, I'll delete em on my card because cds are cheap here.

1 comment:

  1. Espero que tengas una gran Navidad, Elder Zelasko! Siempre pensé que era extraño celebrar la temporada navideña en climas cálidos. Disfrute tu tiempo en La Republica Dominicana. El tiempo pasará demasiado rápido.

    ReplyDelete