Monday, December 20, 2010

Dec 20, 2010

oh by the way the other missionaries love the tree. last year they said they didn't have one so they're pretty happy about this one.. oh and i know i said i prob wouldn't withdraw from home account but i with drew 1000 pesos to make sure i had enough this month should only be like 20 ' 30 dollars. But they shorted us 2000 pesos this month because we started it late even though itwas only 7 days or so late in the month 2000 pesos goes a long way. we get about 7000 a month this month about 5000.
oh so we were visiting our star investigator yesterday. This is the one that lives in the other side of heaven area and on the way back we seriously saw a spider that was bigger then my whole hand. I didn't get too close but soon some people were like mata lo!! mata lo! apparently it's poisonous and bites... so i quickly backed off and try chucking a huge boulder at it. But it just kinda hit it and the spider was dazed for half a second then kept running,. It was haha interesting. but man that spider was HUGE!! no joke I'm not even exaggerating bigger then my hand including the fingers. wow! oh so we think i may be allergic to something out here. I get this rash on my legs here and there. Sometimes it covers my hole legs and sometimes it burns like someones holding a match to it. But its gone away for now. We think maybe something in the water of the river we cross but no clue yet.
oh and so apparently i look a ton like Harry potter every single dominican here says i do hahah. Don't know why but then when one says it they all look at me and are like haha yup

ohhh!!! the best news of all!!! guess where I'm going on christmas day!! my first bauptismo de my companionship!! yup thats right! haha I'm so pumped to see it. we dont know who she wants to do it yet and still have to do the interview but so far so good. Then a week after that we got miglena scheduled! and emmerson! both amazing people. super pumped for all of them!
church here though is crazy! Me and my comp go up to parra for church and wow, its not even called a branch its an area of strength the best I've seen is 34_ members and last week we had 15 people there. Its crazy small though the main branch is decent size i think. Haven't been there yet I'll be there next week. but wow its kind of a mini apostasy going . Have to fix that! Ñ= ok but thats all about thats happened this week now I'm trying and send pics some how and don't judge my spelling i know you are Ñ= Spanish is making it worse then it already was.

so yea pics don't work here,,, kind iof stinks because i had some good ones,, but these computers are a bit messed up i guess.. one picture was of baseball, we played baseball this week for pday! so much fun got the whole zone together. I was center field did a pretty decent job. I think an other was of us crossing the river and an other of one of the giant hills we climb. oh well though next week ill try and send those and of what the apartment looks like we have six elders living in it. we just rearranged it today and much more room in there now and we rearranged the main sleepin room. you walk in the front door and there is two beds to your left and two desks by the wall on your right then two more bed s directly ahead of you. Then its the kitchen and then down he hall is a bed room with two more beds. And then down a bit further on each side of you is a room with two desks each. Out back we have the washers, those our fun and a bit different. You put some clothes in the washer fill it with water from the hose then add some soap and turn it to 15 mins and some times you have to rub 'em your self, but if you just do 15 min a couple times they get clean, then the dryer you put part of your clothes in there hook the hose up to it for a minute for it to rinse the soap out. Then you take the hose off and let it spin for 5mins then you hang dry em.


Ive grown girly, I forgot how cold water gets with out a heater, the lights were out for a while so the heater was off and yea it was a little cold. Our theme song, not a church song - dumn dun dun is mulan's I'll make a man out of you... specially when we cross the river and hike up to parra. My comp though is super use to this stuff and like sprints up the mountain then I'm right behind him like dying hahah. Oneday i hope to be just like him ñ= wink face.. haha but yea he's good at what he does thats for sure.

Love you all! hope you have a great time doing what you're doing and enjoying snow! I hope. haha you may have snow. I have b-e-a-utiful mountains on all sides of me! what now haha

oh and you know how great that is, 1000 pesos to 26 dollars, a box of mac is 25 pesos and a box of milk is 33 and well ,butters kind of expensive, plus i don't need it, and this is the off brand but still pretty cheap i think bags of cereal though are 56pesos, hair cuts 100 pesos, large empanada 30 a tiny jar of peanut butter 126! or so so saddly i have to stay away from that or save up once i get a hang of budgeting with thousands of pesos or just not wolf it down like i do at home. I may just see how much money i have at the end of each month then buy some peanut butter and enjoy, be like once a month party ;º speakin of which i think we have to leave soon for shoppping but idk my comp likes to spend a lot of time here. about an two hours... so if a box of mac here is 25 pesos and in states is 1 dollor that means I'm getting a great deal! haha Though man working this hard ever day I breath food, we have rice every day like a HUGE plate of it for lunch hmm soo good. though im not sure how balanced my diet is.... i ve got to work on that...
haha I plan on buy a nice variety of cereals for a breakfast and dinner and going to town on them next week :º Pasta is pretty cheap here so if you could send some pasta reciepes of super simple stuff that'd be nice. Though i think i got the gist of it or at least the butter and garlic ones, cheese on it ones , alfredo on top I'm sure a jar of that could last me a while. Nevermind I think i got pasta down... today I'm going to see how expensive meat is and how legitit looks or if its too iffy. well find out later yea ? haha so many things dont translate over to spanish like more or less, more of the less though, and got they dont have a word for got. I think thats the one. haha but yea i love spanish especially trying to get it down. My comp's letting me lead off lessons now, pretty simple just if its a first cita say "hey how are you oh cool well we talked ... and so you remember were missionaries from... my name is .. his is... and to do you mind if we start with a prayer to invite.... and right after the pray it can lead into the point about pray, cuando nosotros orar con quien hablamos? ;º oh i thinkwere leaving! alright have and amazing week talk to you in 5days! wow christmas is in 5 days!!! didnt even realize it was that close! haha wow.. when i call you elina will be bauptizado woot she was a toughy too. alright love you all a TON good luck and goodbye till SATURDAY!!!! love yall.

1 comment: