Wednesday, March 9, 2011

March 7, 2011

OK so this week was pretty good. It was basically a normal week, my
new comp his name is Elder Astacio. He’s a full blood Dominican from San
Padre? Yes he only speaks spanish. Aye, aye, aye its fun talking in
the streets. He’s a super chill guy, haha he’s actually super
cool about it. He wants me to teach him English, which could work to my
advantage as we go;) It’s actually helping my Spanish a TON! A
ton! The biggest news is that this Saturday, Gregorio, Daneri,
Tyson, and Wellington are getting BAPTIZED!!! WOOOT!!! Im so pumped
for them!

Sorry but, I’m super tired for some reason and dont really
feel like writing a ton right now. Ha-ha I’m just sitting in this lil box
with a comp and well, the chair is super comfortable and if it weren’t
for the heat I think I’d just sleep here instead of writing. Ha-ha but
yea that’s really all that’s cool. I got a new comp and my star
investigators are taking the next step! woo!

This will maybe be a paragraph, I feel bad leaving it at that... um
Oh…my comp made me eat chicharon or fried pigskin with the fat stuff
still on it... the pig skin on Guam looked a TON more appealing then
this stuff. It looked crispy and good on guam, here however, hmm…
Yes, I ate it. the skin was like leather, super hard to chew and the
fat was just, super fatty (imagine that eh ) and yes, I had to gag it
down. haha It was nastiest thing ever. Not because of what it was but it
just tasted nasty. Later. he said will try mundungo? (I think that’s what it’s called) It’s cow intestent but, you have to be carefull who
you get that from. Because if its not done right, it’ll still have some
feces in there. That would not be cool! haha.

So, I just realized there’s a web cam on my computer. I haven’t seen one of
those in forever. I’m pretty sure the cord leads to somewhere
else, not the computer. Kinda freaked me out. haha So yea, now its facing the wall
turns out it was hooked to my comp but yea... haha still was creepy.

I think talking in spanish all day just drains my energy, wow. Last
night I think as soon as my head hit the pillow I was out.

Sundays are the worst day of the week. I feel bad saying that but, wow! They
are seriously the hardest day of the week. You wake up a little
earlier, then leave, go hunt down you’re investigators, then run to church
quickly try and find any others that showed up. Then all the
youth are trying to talk to you, which I really don’t mind because
they’re all AWEOMSE. But the church is about 80% youth so there’s lots of
kids trying to talk to you and at the same time you’re trying to talk
to the older people to see if they can meet with you through out the
week. At the same time members try to give you bouches about doing
something wrong and how we should do things there way, when we’re actually
doing what were supposed to do. Then you have the members that blow
everything out of proportion and give you bouches for that or for
things that you don’t really control. hahah The first thing my comp
said during sacrament meeting to me is, apastcia! haha Church here is
basically an, apostasy at times. Slowly its getting better and more
organized but its still fairly new. So they’re trying
to work out all the kinks but still it makes you miss real church. Na,
church here is actually super cool, except for all those other things. The
people are Awesome! They’re super nice members that are basically
like your family here. You get to see them twice or so a week. I love the
members here and when you get to see your investigators in church it just
makes you happy. Especially, when I see Megalina’s huge ole´ smile and
she greats me or Gangsta Tyson rolling in with his smug smile but,
behind it you can see he’s as nervous as anything being there.
hahah He tries to hide behind his little hat, then there’s lil O’niel running up
to yea shouting Zela-ko!! I really shouldn’t complain the people
here are awesome... don’t know what I’d do without em right now. I love em
all. I just gotta quit complaining and get up and work. Speaking of which
love yea all! And if yea feel like writing here I am:) jeremyzelasko@myldsmail.net
If I get time, I’ll try and write some of ya’ll first. But till then choose the right
and all that jazz
Elder Zelasko...

No comments:

Post a Comment